Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Basteltraum's Challenge #59 Winter/Christmas/shiny stars



Hellco my friends!  

As it is already the 15th of the month, the new challenge of bastel-traum starts today!

So this time it is all about winter, Christmas and/or shiny stars; you can use one, two or all of them to create a card with. I decided to go with all three of them :-)
First, I created my background panel. I diecut a piece of black cardstock (300g/m2) and sponged distress oxides over it (vilted violet and faded jeans). Then I spritzed some water droplets on it and wiped off the excess with a paper towel. After it dried completely, I splattered some white thick acrylic paint over it with an old tooth brush to create a nice, shiny starry sky. I recommend not diluting the acrylic paint because it would react immediately with the distress oxides (the stars would turn into purple though). To avoid any mixing between the distress oxides and the acrylic paint, you might put a layer of micro glaze over the oxides and then splatter the acrylic paint. That is what worked for me the best.

For the little campfire scene, I used a tree border by lawn fawn, also diecut from the same black cardstock as the background. I put some white pencil (Polychromos by Faber Castell) to show the snow shining in the night. For more shine on the top of the trees (highlight of the moonlight), I sponged some white pigment ink.

The moon is diecut from a piece of watercolor cardstock and I used regular watercolors to give it some dimension on its surface. Then I created a mask out of a sticky note and sponged some white pigment ink over it to create a halo for the moon. After it dried completely, I adhered the moon over it. Then I zook a little santa/deer/sleigh stamp and stamped with archival ink over the moon. A MISTI tool might be very helpful here because the moon is raised and it needs to be stamped several times to get a nice impression. The sentiment (by lawnfawn) is heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Those adorable bears and the campfire are one of Isabel's latest digital stamp releases where I colored with Copics and Polychromos pencils. I tried to imitate the glow from the fire on the bears by using yellow colors. Aren’t they adorable???!

I hope you got inspired and you will play along with us!

Crafty hugs,











2 comments

  1. Still smiling... what an adorable scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Tina - eine wunderbare Winterlandschaft hast du da gezaubert. Die gute alte Zahnbürste. Die hab ich ja ewig nicht mehr hervorgeholt zum Basteln. Danke fürs Erinnern!
    heitere Grüsse Britta

    ReplyDelete

On Instagram

© Papierlisi. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.